Friday, July 24, 2009

Sam at Chicago Orientation 2

There's a patch of flowers at the LSTC / McCormick campus that Sam loves. They're at the edges of a quad inside the building. He's been going over and sniffing, touching and looking at the patch of flowers. In the pictures above he is with a friend.
I've been playing around more with my newish SLR camera. The last time I visited Taiwan I didn't bring a camera or take pictures for the first four months. I know that a camera can be a barrier to interaction. However, I think for me (with my poor memory) a camera provides a second memory. Sam adds to the urgency, and I love capturing these playful, peaceful, joy-filled moments during these weeks of rapid change. At orientation the RCA's volunteer director, Jay Hoorsevort offered some tips on how to use a digital SLR. He has a nice flickr page. I have a picasa page, which I will update semi-regularly.

No comments: